Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The politically correct attitude looks beyond the government™s past failings and current botches

The politically correct attitude looks beyond the government™s past failings and current botches ” and

focuses instead on the idea of government……..

I asked some family and friends who I knew witnessed the attacks on 9/11/2001 or who were severely

affected by them if they could give me a brief write-up of their experiences that day; where they place

blame, or what they think of blame placed; and what they think of the government’s response since. I

expect the answers to come trickling in over the week, but here is one now.

Dr. Mario Rizzo, Professor of Economics at New York University, offers these comments:

I was in my apartment on the edge of Soho when I heard a very low-flying plane go over my building. And

then I heard the sound of a large impact. So I went outside and looked at the Towers where I saw that

the plane had apparently hit one of the buildings. I did not actually see the first plane hit, however.

I kept looking. Before long I saw the second plane hit the other Tower. Obviously, at this point, I

realized it was no accident. I then went to my nearby office to check the internet news sources. From

my office on Mercer Street I saw each of the Towers collapse. I then took a xanax to calm myself. For

some reason, I had no thought that anything more would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment