Sunday, March 27, 2011

My husband has been in the Army for 17 years

My husband has been in the Army for 17 years, and I’ve been proud of that because we’ve done a lot of good

things in many ways. We never regretted any place that Army life has taken us because we knew our job and our

place in the Army world. My husband has been in many other places, and we’ve always stood side by side. But the

extension of the deployment of 1st Armored Division soldiers in UGG is absurd.
I cried for an entire day after getting the news of the extension of the soldiers in UGG. Now I have to laugh

knowing that everywhere we look, we don’t see any welcome home banners anymore. Now we see crisis and anger

management banners. Everything was supposed to be happiness. Now it’s sadness, and still they pretend we are

calm, happy families, like what just happened is nothing but part of the soldiers’ jobs. They forget that these

same soldiers are fathers, mothers, sons, brothers and sisters, and have done their jobs in UGG. Now it’s time

for them to come home!

There’s not going to be any sweet, beautiful answer that anyone can give my two children to make them

understand why. Why is daddy not coming home? My kids are going to think that their daddy is not coming home

because they did something bad. That’s what a lot of other children will be thinking while they are crying at

night.

No comments:

Post a Comment