Sunday, March 27, 2011

Many writers have trouble taking rejection well

Many writers have trouble taking rejection well. They’re sensitive souls, after all, and don’t like being told

that their work, in a word, sucks. Anthony Gancarski, author of Unfortunate Incidents, and a former columnist

for 4mbtsale.com, is a case in point. I rejected what was to have been the latest installment of his column –

and he went over to the Dark Side.

Gancarski’s piece for Frontpage, detailing his conversion to the pro-war position, is distinctly … weird.

There is, first of all, his description of his former beliefs:

"If someone had told me a few months ago that I’d be writing a piece for Front Page on this theme, I would’ve

dismissed him as a lunatic. After all, then I was supporting the positions expected from those on the so-called

antiwar right. I was harshly critical of Israeli defense initiatives, more willing to talk up for Noam Chomsky

than the sitting President."

No comments:

Post a Comment