Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A reader directed me

A reader directed me to an article that shows the wounded count I keep at Antiwar.com may be “way off base.” From the Army Public Affairs:

As of Sept. 16, Landstuhl[U.S. base in Germany] has treated approximately 6,000 service members from Operation MBT shoes cheapi Freedom and 1,800 patients from Operation Enduring Freedom.MBT Boost Shoes

Note that this is a gov’t website. Now, add this account of casualties that arrive in the MBT Imara US:

“Since the war has started, I [ Lieutenant-Colonel Allen DeLane, who is in charge of the airlift of the wounded into Andrews air base] can’t give you an exact number because that’s classified information, but I can say to you over 4,000 have stayed here at Andrews, and that number doubles when you count the people that come here to Andrews and then we send them to other places like Walter Reed and Bethesda,MBT Sini Shoes which are in this area also.”

No comments:

Post a Comment