Wednesday, April 6, 2011

So, rule number one is that consummate

So, rule number one is that consummate professionalism ALWAYS is, in my opinion a necessary foundation for great customer relations.

The customer always comes first, and this means their needs supercede any personal drama, job angst or other issues you as a business owner or as a representative of a business may have at the moment.

The second rule is to always make sure a client gets timely responses to any issues or complaints they may have. In the online world, this is especially an easy one to overlook, since it's easier to just not answer or ignore an email for a while.

I can't tell you how many times I've had bad experiences with this one. In my line of business, I deal with a lot of people online and over emails, and many times I will either never get a response to a question or complaint, or it will be delayed several days, even weeks.

This always leaves a bad taste in my mouth as a customer, and has even forced my hand at finding a different service who values me as a customer and responds to me in a timely fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment