Thursday, January 13, 2011

There was the piece, but it was on a shared website for a pair of central New Jersey papers that I normally don’t read either

There was the piece, but it was on a shared website for a pair of central New Jersey papers that I

normally don’t read either. It was longer, and, oh, the author was different too. With my curiosity

now piqued, I could not help but search some more. I found a nearly identical one written by David A.

Harris, executive director of American Jewish Committee, over at The Dallas Morning News. Hmm, the

other two “authors” also identified themselves as AJC directors. Eventually, I located Harris over at

the Jerusalem Post where he had contributed not only this same piece but many others as well. My guess

is that I probably read the piece there a few days back.

Clearly, this is just a press release created by the American Jewish Committee and being passed off by

its members as their heartfelt and original opinions. Another local newspaper, The Palm Beach Post,

even published the same piece a day after its competitor ran it. Thankfully in this case though, it was

“authored” by the same South Floridian. I wonder how many other newspapers fell for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment